What are dentures?
Dentures are essentially prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth
Benefits of dentures:
Improves mouth functioning, helps you eat comfortably
Supports your facial muscles
Restore your smile and speech
It’s a cost-effective treatment option
Increase your self- confidence and eliminate social awkwardness
Types of dentures:
Implant supported denture
Lets, understand each of these types...
1). Complete denture
- Used when all natural teeth are missing in the upper or lower arch.
- In a medically compromised patient where implants or any fixed option is not possible.
- Financial constraints of the patient
2). Partial denture
- When few teeth are missing in the upper or lower arch
- Affordable option
- It can be acrylic or metal
3). Flexible denture
-It is thin, lightweight and more comfortable
- It can be complete or partial
4). Implant supported denture
a) Fixed implant supported denture
When there is a good quality of bone to support the implants
b) Implant supported overdenture
It is a removable dental prosthesis that covers and rests on one or more dental implants
5). Immediate denture
It is a removable dental prosthesis which is fabricated for placement immediately following the removal of natural tooth/teeth
6). Special denture
They are many types of special denture with modifications:
Maxillofacial Prosthesis, Obturator, Complete Denture with modification etc.